Friday, February 24, 2023

Cabo San Lucas

 

Yesterday was a stop at Cabo San Lucas, a tender port.  The tenders started at about 7 and the last one would be at 2PM.  We've been here a couple of times for whale watching so this time we stayed on the ship. 

 


Angie had some voiceovers to finish for a video so I had a light breakfast in the buffet (a pancake and an eggs Benedict). The towel animals were out on all the deck chairs!!  



 

I stood out on Deck 10 aft with my binoculars looking for whales.  There were a few off in the distance but not as much activity as we saw when sailing by Cabo on Tuesday. Angie joined me for a few minutes and we shared a breakfast burrito from Blue Iguana.  Angie went back to the cabin to catch up on work.   I headed to the Atrium for some trivia.  First was movie trivia, then geography and then a Family Feud-type game show.  I got 16 out of 20 at Movies but stumbled on geography.  You think you know some things, but then they ask the really hard questions!!  I didn't realize that Cairo has a larger population than Johannesburg.  It's almost four times as large.   

I did manage to secure a victory in the third Family Feud style game.  As with the regular game show, you got more points for writing down the most popular answer.  I squeaked out a win with 26 points!!   I think it was because I was the only one who wrote down MASH as the most watched series finale.  I received a medal for my victory!!

 


I headed up to the buffet for a snack. They had some delicious Peruvian fried rice!!  And mango was the gelato of the day. I added a little fresh raspberry syrup!!  I then headed back to the cabin. Angie was just about finished with her work so we went upstairs and grabbed some burgers from Guy's Burgers for lunch and brought them back to the cabin as the ship prepared for sailaway.  

The ship had a loyalty party for Platinum and Elite guests which Angie and I attended. They had complimentary beer, wine and cocktails along with some music from Ed the solo guitar player. We had heard him before in Ocean Plaza and Pig & Anchor. 

After that we headed back to cabin for a mandatory rest period before we would get ready for formal night.  We met Bill at the Pig & Anchor and had a cocktail then it was time to head to the dining room.  Angie and I both had the delicious mushroom bisque, spinach salad with blue cheese and the broiled lobster tail served with drawn butter and mushroom risotto. 


The lobster was well cooked and moist. I've gotten it before and it's been very dry.  Not the case here.  I hadn't been getting dessert so it was time to try the Carnival signature dessert: Chocolate Melting Cake!!  It tastes like I remembered.  Sometimes the cake comes out more "well done" so it isn't as "oozy".   This one was medium well.  I prefer more or a medium so that the outer cake is firm but the middle is still molten. The taste was still great, especially with the vanilla ice cream.

After dinner, we headed to the production show in Liquid Lounge. Tonight it would be Broadway Beat.  I am sure you can guess theme. That's right!! It was all about the circus!!

Only kidding. It was just what you would expect.  Mostly crowd favorites from various and eclectic Broadway shows including Kiss Me Kate, Hamilton and Les Miserables.  And it was everything that Rock Revolution wasn't.  This show was fun to watch and listen to. There was interesting choreography.  And the cast looked like they were having fun.  The only misstep was when the show decided on a slow, rather melancholy version of "You're The One That I Want", from Grease towards the end.  At that point in the show, the audience really wanted to start singing.  But didn't feel right with the pace they chose. But it was a great show and they finished the show with "You Can't Stop The Beat", one of the signature upbeat songs from "Hairspray".

After that we headed to Pig & Anchor for a nightcap and then headed to bed. Today is our last sea day. We'll be in Long Beach tomorrow morning. Once we disembark the Panorama, we'll head to San Pedro and board the Celebrity Solstice for a seven night California Coastal cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment