Friday, June 29, 2018

6.29.18 Hop On Hop Off Bus




I think we’d all say one of the highlights of today was the gluten free waffle place. It was awesome.

We had a late start leaving the hotel around 10 am. We walked up to the Arc D’Triomphe to hop on the Big Bus hop on hop off bus. I picked Big Bus because the reviews of other bus companies commented how frequently they saw the Big Bus. 


We took the Big Bus to Notre Dame. It was about an hour and a half ride from the Arc to Notre Dame. It was impressive to see how much of the city we’d already covered via boat.  The stop at Notre Dame is ridiculous. You pass Notre Dame, fight 10 – 15 minutes of traffic and then get dropped off.

We walked to the waffle place with a brief stop at McDonalds to check out the menu.

The 100% gluten free waffle – Yummy and Guilt Free – had all kinds of waffles – savory and sweet. It was a great stop. 



Then we decided to bypass the Hop on bus and took an Uber to pick up the blue route on Hop On/Hop Off. The goal of the Blue route was to see Sacre Coeur. Well, here’s my best pic of the famous Sacre Coeur.




Big disappointment. It was good to see a new neighborhood. After this, we decided to hop back to the Notre Dame neighborhood. The bus was packed so we were stuck in the hottest part on the bottom in the back. It was pure joy getting off that bus.

We headed to Saint Chapelle – a basilica. It was very exciting going through security. The guard LOVED me. He gave me a big high five and would not let go of my hand. He kept saying Yay America. My sister asked what I said that triggered that. My only explanation was he likes a tall drink of water. The basilica was amazing. 



Right next door is the prison where they held Marie Antoinette for 76 days. You could probably skip it.




After all the excitement of the hop on/hop off bus, I couldn’t make any more decisions so we headed back to Little Nonna for dinner. It was delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment