Wednesday, June 27, 2018

6.26.18 - 6.27.18 Lusk Ladies at the Louve: Pre Trip and the Louvre

My mom, sister and I planned a trip to Paris. My sister and I had been in high school, but my mom had never been. I flew from Tampa to Indianapolis to spend the night with my sister so we could all fly nonstop from Indy together. 

This meant I got a chance to view the very special limited edition FIRE SHOW by my niece and nephew. 






Then we were off - 


I got insanely lucky and had three seats all to myself so I laid down for most of the 8 1/2 hour flight. We were delayed for two hours so really we were only the plane for about 10 hours. We arrived in Paris and were so happy to see our driver with a sign with our name on it. the ride to Paris took about an hour and 10 minutes. We stayed at Best Western Star Champs - Elysees. It was a good location just north west of the Arc d'Triomphe. 

Our room wasn't ready so we set out on foot. We had researched gluten free restaurant options so our first stop was Biosphere. The whole restaurant is a gluten free so my mom could try the very French Croque Madame. 

Then it was off to the Louvre for our private tour. We booked a private guide to show us the Louvre. She helped us buy our Museum Pass - a 4 day pass that includes admission to many different museums. We definitely saved money using it. The Louvre was crowded so it was nice having a guide to lead us around and explain the highlights - especially since we were all tired from the overnight flight. 





After the Louvre, we tried to go to Little Nonna - a 100% gluten free Italian restaurant, but dinner wasn't until 7 pm. We ended up at The Place to - another restaurant with decent gluten free options. Our attempts to speak French kept the waiter laughing. It was very fun. We called it an early night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment