Tuesday, November 19, 2019

11.18.19 Wineglass Bay

Today kicked off with the  included breakfast at the Lodge. It was very good.
 
Then, we headed over to Saffire - an all inclusive resort so I could meet with the Sales Manager and take a peek around.
 
 
 

The resort is stunning.
 
After that, we drove up the narrow, winding roads to the Lighthouse. 
 


 
 
Then, we hiked to the Wineglass Bay Lookout. I have to be honest. I tried everything in my power to avoid that hike. I looked into the 3 hour coastal cruise, but the timing didn't work. I booked us on the Aqua Taxi that drops you at a nearby beach so you don't have to climb over the really big hill to see Wineglass Bay. It was cancelled.
 
So up to the Lookout we went.
 
 
It's a 3 km moderate hike. You head uphill for about 45 minutes to get to this view.
 
 
 
Then back down in around 30 minutes - unless you are me and hate going downhill and freak out and whine and go slow as molasses. If you want to actually get to the beach, it's another  ONE THOUSAND steps down..and then back up.
 
The view was really nice. Wineglass Bay is lovely. I think the view from Wineglass Bay from the Lighthouse is good enough unless you really enjoy a moderate hike.
 
After the hike, we headed to Coles Bay to find lunch. We turned at the sign for "Town Centre". We had to laugh when it was two restaurants and a convenience store. We kept going and found Iluke Tavern. It was a tavern next to a large backpackers' campground. The food was great! Glenn got a burger, fries and wings.
 
I got a terrific beet and squash salad. We've been very impressed with the food in Tasmania. After all that, we headed back to the Lodge and spent the rest of the day enjoying the views from our Pavilion. I read a book. We had meats and cheese for dinner. It was so relaxing.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment