Wednesday, November 13, 2019

11.13.19 Launceston, Tasmania

We had a simple morning at the hotel so I could catch up on work. Then we headed to the airport for our Virgin Australia flight to Launceston. I adore Virgin Australia. Planes are comfortable. People are nice. I also enjoy how the Melbourne airport lets people know they need to chill out:
The options are basically:
You missed your flight.
Your flight is boarding.
RELAX. Stay away from the gate. Have a snack.

Our flight was easy. Launceston airport is small so we got our rental car and baggage and headed out. Glenn is doing a terrific job driving on the left side of the road. I got a little flustered giving directions.

We checked in to our accommodations: CBD Apartment hotel. It's a unit with three apartments. It's recently remodeled and clean. I'm not sure I'm sold yet on staying in apartments versus hotels, but we'll give it a try. We relaxed for a bit and then headed out to Saint John Craft Beer bar for dinner and then to the Bottle Shop to buy some Australian wines. It was an early night back at the apartment watching Hulu. We've learned it's good to build in rest days for me to catch up on work and just relax.

Today, we are heading out to explore Launceston.

No comments:

Post a Comment