Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Thanksgiving! Christmas! Birthdays!

I headed up to Indiana the Sunday before Christmas because my grandmother was in the hospital and I wanted to hang out with my mom while she kept watch at the bedside. 

(Side tangent - It's really incredible how health care works. The doctors, nurses and techs counted on my mom being there as the coordinator of care. She had to update each doctor on what the other doctor said and then update the nurses as well. We joked that we would demand that everyone get together in one room at the same time and we were locking the door until they spoke to each other. It's pretty crazy.) 

Anyway - Glenn flew up Wednesday night. My mom took the early shift Thursday morning so we could hang out with our niece and nephew. It was really fun. 


I took the afternoon shift and we had a nice dinner of ham, risotto and green beans. 

Friday, we moved my Grandma to rehab. Saturday we got to have "First Christmas". Glenn and I won't be going back to Indiana for Christmas so we got to celebrate. My mom bought my niece a Frozen microphone and the highlight of the way was definitely watching her sing the Frozen soundtrack - especially at the end when she re-enacted the Do You Want to Build a Snowman so realistically we thought she was actually crying. 

On Sunday we had a laid back Christmas morning. It was a great visit!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment