Tuesday, December 9, 2014

October: Big Changes

October was a really pivotal month for us. I had my last day at my union job - 10.10.14.

 It was really difficult to say goodbye. Knowing I could keep up with my co-workers eased the transition, but I was still sad to go. I decided to pursue my travel business full time. When I think about the future -I want to be able to work from anywhere. The things I love to do: help people, problem solve, help people figure out what they really want, and travel just happen to all come together into a profession where I can work from home.  I was astounded that as I told people of my plan - the response was incredibly positive, very supportive and more than once someone said, You are living the dream. I really am and I am grateful. 

The weekend of the 11th we signed up for a University of Chicago lecture series on the environment, communication and cannabis. All three lectures were really interesting and we met some really nice people. We also had a ton of fun playing Cards Against Humanity at our friend Cindy's house. 

The week of the 12th - Laurel and I scouted the Tampa Bay Bridal Show so I could pick up some tips on my presentation. Then later in the week, I went on my first travel agent trip to visit Sandals Emerald Bay, Beaches Turks and Caicos, and Sandals La Source. I learned so much about these great resorts and made some wonderful new travel agent friends. 









The rest of the month we just relaxed until Marisa and Bob's wedding! My parents were also invited so we had a wonderful weekend celebrating the happy couple. The wedding was perfect and the reception was a blast. 


 Prior to the wedding, we were able to sneak in a little visit to the Museum of Science and Industry. The Behind the Scenes tour was really well done. 



On the way back to the airport, we had a great brunch with Jon and Jackie at our new favorite spot - Au Cheval and then we made a stop at the Lagunitas Tap Room 


No comments:

Post a Comment