Monday, February 24, 2014

2.22.14 Weekend: Movies and an early St Patty's Day

We love the AMC Best Picture Showcase - the weekends prior to the Oscars, AMC theaters show them all in a two day movie marathon. It's so much fun. 



Here's my reviews: 

Gravity - A feat in movie making. Strong acting, barely any script, amazing directing

Philomenia- the trifecta: strong acting, strong script, well paced

Dallas Buyers Club - amazing acting carried the whole movie. Script was weak.

Wolf of Wall Street- strong acting, good story, indulgent directing. 

12 Years a Slave - strong acting, strong story, pacing was a tiny bit off in parts but overall my pic for Best Picture.

On Sunday, I worked on the world's longest project - Repainting all the grout in the house. I am 6 hours in and I have a long way to go! After putting in 4 hours, I relaxed by the pool while Glenn made an awesome corned beef dinner! Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment