Friday, June 16, 2023

My parents arrived

 By Angie 

On Wednesday, my parents arrived from the USA to join us for our cruise. They had easy flights and arrived at the hotel around 10:00 am. I finished up work and the four of us went to lunch at 11:30 am. We visited LOA - a restaurant at another Center hotel. They were terrific with food allergies. Three of us had the pan fried salmon and my Dad had the pasta. It was all delicious. They even had great gluten free bread. 

We went for a walk through downtown pointing out some of the restaurants and bars we visited earlier in the week. My mom did some souvenir shopping. I made them walk as far as the Rainbow road so they could get a peak at the church. 


Then, it was a mandatory rest period /work time for me. Everyone else took naps as I finished up some work. For dinner, we went back to Reykjavik Kitchen across the street from the hotel. I had the sweet potatoes. Glenn had the pasta again. My Dad had the Ling fish and my Mom had the cod. All were delicious. We had a night cap at the hotel and went to bed early. 


Thursday, it was time to board the Norwegian Prima. I worked in the morning and then we headed out to the ship. It was an easy embarkation. Our cabin is lovely, the crew is fun. We had a great lunch and dinner in the Haven restaurant. It's going to be a great 10 days exploring Iceland, Norway, Amsterdam, and Brugges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment