Tuesday, September 9, 2014

September 6th - September 8th - A Wedding and More Chicago Adventures

I have been very lucky in my life to have made some incredible lifelong friends. Friends from my Valpo days and friends from my days in Chicago are truly the greatest group of people I know and I am blessed to have them in my life. It's even more exciting that four of them are getting married this year. Jon's wedding was in August and Erin's was this weekend. This time I was a bridesmaid!!

It also turned out that my cousins were in Chicago for the weekend. After going to Erin's for a great open house: 

We headed to Frasca for a great dinner! 


My cousin really knows how to ride a unicorn! 

I always knew I belonged in the circus! 

Sunday was a gorgeous day for a wedding. The ceremony was incredible, touching, and person. The setting was the courtyard at the City Winery. It was a lovely day and it was so great to spend time with our people! 




Glenn and I managed to sneak in a trip to the Girl and The Goat. The food was incredible!! 



On Monday, we took some time to explore my old neighborhood. We had breakfast at Nookies, explored the Chicago History Museum and then headed back down to the West Loop for a fantastic lunch at Au Cheval. Then we had a quick drink at Pearl on the River before heading back to the airport. Overall, a wonderful weekend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment